[Video] Vic Mensa’s “Warm Up Sessions” Freestyle
[New Music] SoMo Ft. Ty Dolla $ign Ft K Camp-“Ride” (Remix)
Pop artist SoMo connects with Ty Dolla $ign and K Camp for the remix to his single “Ride”.
[New Music] Rich Homie Quan-“Ain’t Worried”
The XXL Freshmen lets loose a new track from DJ Fresh’s upcoming We Been Had Hitz mixtape.
[New Music] Big K.R.I.T. Ft. Rico Love- “Pay Attention”
Big K.R.I.T. grabs Rico Love for his new single “Pay Attention” off his upcoming album Cadillactica.
Produced by Jim Jonsin
[New Music] G-Unit- “Come Up”
G-Unit starts the week with new music for the fans. Listen as they go in over The Gap Band’s “Outstanding”.
Animal Ambition in stores now
[New Music] Cash Sinatra- “Everything Lit”
As promised, #LoudER rep and Queens native Cash Sinatra delivers something to get you movin’ at your next turn up! Stream “Everything Lit” above.
Wins Over Worries is available now.
[Music Video] Rich Home Quan Ft. Problem- “Walk Thru”
The standout track from Rich Homie Quan’s I Will Never Stop Going In mixtape gets visual treatment. Watch now.
[Video] J.Cole Brings Out Kendrick Lamar In LA
[New Music] Troy Ave Ft. Young Lito & King Sevin-“3005” (Keymix)
BSB Volume 4 available now
[New Music] Young Stretch- “No Flex Zone” Freestyle
Deans List tour year 3 auditions kicked off July 10-13 2014 and i was selected to be on-board for press. Throughout the crazy weekend i caught up with the man behind it all, Nigel “Scott Morris” Guscott, judges and contestants.
Putting together a tour is not easy and you’ve been doing it for a few years now. What initially made you create the “Deans List” tour and why are you the perfect person to put it together?
- “I couldn’t tell you why I’m the perfect person to put this together but, I can tell you that I have a lot of great ideas to continue to take this tour to another level. This generation is filled with so many people that have talent that and need opportunities. I almost took my life due to personal issues. It opened my eyes to a lot and my heart as well. I wanted to create something that can be legendary for our generation. Creating this tour was never about me because I know people out there struggle just like me and need a chance to be heard. We all have a voice and together we can make an impact.”
How does this year’s auditioning process compare to previous years’. How will contestants/artists be judged and how do you choose who’s going to represent your vision?
- “Every year I usually appoint judges to take part in the Dean’s List tour auditions. This year I had the privilege to work with some really great people. They did an amazing job as judges. This year had so much anticipation going into auditions because we were able to top our numbers from last year’s auditions bringing out over 500 people, having press, bringing out judges who are really involved in the entertainment business and have really good staff. It was an amazing experience overall and it was tough. The talent that came out this year was incredible. Everyone that was a part of this weekend agreed that it was so tough to cut it down for call backs but, the judges helped make it easier.”
If, right now, you were in front of the person who could take this tour from 0 to 100 and change everyone’s lives involved, what is the number one thing they should know about Scott Morris and the Deans List tour?
- “No matter what the end result is I will always find a way. Scott Morris is fearless and will never quit.”
Now, let’s talk about the music! Speaking of 0 to 100, you recently unleashed a freestyle over the popular Drake record. What state of mind should people be in when they listen to your freestyle?
- “When I wrote the record I was dealing with a lot. I just had so much emotion because it was a lot of pressure last year. I knew no one would understand no matter how much I post it on Facebook that we had to raise funds. People quitting on us because they thought “I couldn’t find a way” or it just seemed impossible. It was just so many things that I went through that helped me understand that God is real and I needed to find a way to release some of the events that took place. “17 Hours and a couple pack of red bulls”. That line will always resonate with me because, we had to drive those rental cars straight with no sleep and I never did that before [laughs]. So we had to stay awake and red bull is actually what helped us reach our destination. You would just need to be at peace with yourself to listen to the record or need some form of inspiration. I believe since the record is a testimony of the journey it will help you continue with your chase but, also show you that you can’t give up on your dreams.”
What’s going to make you choose one act over another and what quality would give an artist the edge?
- “Originality, social media presence and believe in your delivery.”
What makes a good judge and why are you that person?
- “I’m someone with credible credentials, tune into the Inner Circle Radio Tuesday nights at 9pm eastern time via theblackguystuff.com”
- “It’s really hard with all the great talent. Did he/she have stage presence. How did they treat the audition room and how are they interacting with us.”
- “Someone who can judge unbiased and the ability to be constructive. I am thankful and fortunate.”
How did you hear about Scott Morris, the Deans List tour and what do you expect to gain from being a part of this tour if you are chosen?
- “I actually met Scott through a cypher before the tour started. More experience and opportunity to expand my brand”.-@RonnieBrown
- “Word of mouth two years ago, I auditioned and made it. I had the opportunity to network more, travel, and gain tour knowledge.”-@Butta Cool
- "Through social media as well as being personally invited by Absolutely Dope. If chosen i expect to have my music heard by a larger audience and interacting with people"-@JeffMccloudx
[Video] Ab-Soul Talks “These Days”, Lyricism, Black Hippy & More
In his 16 Bars interview, Ab-Soul talks about how Twista inspired his first rhyme, his new album These Days, why Black Hippy references each others songs and much more. Watch now.
Watch Ab-Soul give you 16 bars right (HERE)
These Days is available now.
[New Music] S.S.- Off Top 2!
Inner Circle Radio presents S.S.’s July 1st release for his #1stAnd15th via VasquezCollective.com, Sure Shot delivers Off Top 2!, the follow up to June 1’s Off Top!, both recorded at Premier Studios in Manhattan, New York. Stream his EP above and stay tuned for forthcoming releases.
[New Music] DUBB-“Mistakes”
DJ S Whit and DJ Base unleash “Mistakes” as their new exclusive single from L.A artist DUBB. You can find this song featured on their joint project Give The Summer Some, which will also include exclusives by CyHi The Prynce, Bizzy Cook, Bad Lucc and more!